Any Day is a Good Day to Celebrate a Fresh Start.

1. Krysten Quiles

August 5th, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I pretty much said August needed to be a fresh start. The first half of my year has not been great and it's time for that to be over.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird

2. Nina @ Flowers in my Hair

August 5th, 2015 at 2:13 pm

I love this! I resolved to do this in June and reset my year and it has made a huge difference.

August 5th, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I feel exactly the same way as you do about January – it's probably the most "blah" of months but it's an exciting time in terms of what's ahead and setting goals for ourselves. Love this outlook you have on August, we can always use a fresh start šŸ™‚

4. Catherine Short

August 5th, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Yes yes yes. I've been rather unmotivated the last month and I think you are right in that we can choose to restart at any point of the year!

5. Brittany Jean

August 5th, 2015 at 2:37 pm

I did this this summer and I'm so glad I refocused!

6. Elena @ baby Ridley bump

August 5th, 2015 at 4:11 pm

Love this! Going back to my NY post now to see what exactly is said I'd be doing and holding myself accountable! My word for the year is determined and I think I'm sticking with that pretty well!

7. Claire | Fashion + Feathers

August 5th, 2015 at 4:15 pm

Love this idea! I've been really focused on checking things off the list this summer and even with everything I've gotten done, there's still more that hasn't gotten accomplished. Refocus and tackle!

8. Kasi Zlochevski

August 5th, 2015 at 7:38 pm

This is so true, I've been a slacker lately and it really needs to stop! Maybe it's a bit of seasonal melancholia because summer is coming to end end slowly but surely. I'll have to try and make the most of this month šŸ™‚

9. Tieka, Selective Potential

August 5th, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Hahah, I can totally relate to this. I'm SO motivated in January, and I love setting NYE resolutions. But by the time August rolls around, I'm like… how did the time go so fast?! And why aren't my goals accomplished?! Here's wishing both of us luck at getting our acts together! šŸ˜‰

10. Karen Peterson

August 5th, 2015 at 10:40 pm

Thank you for the reminder. I'm really lacking motivation lately.

August 18th, 2015 at 3:36 am

I wish I had read this on the day you posted this, because I was praying for a fresh start that day. But the day you posted this I was on my way to the hospital expecting to find out that my mom had cancer or something like that. (Thankfully, she has Lyme's Disease and Babesiosis, which is a tick-transmitted parasite!) I'm the same way; in January I'm all about making lists and binders and productivity, but I was actually evaluating how I haven't accomplished most of what was on my to-do list for the year this summer. When my mom was hospitalized, I wondered why I had all these grand plans, most of which really don't mean much to me (learn how to knit!) when all I really want to do is focus on creating a publishing career.

So August has been my fresh start. I have one goal and that's to write.

I might have to blog about this soon. šŸ™‚