Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
Happy August! Let me just be redundant for a second and ask HOW is it already August?! We’re quickly approaching my favorite part of the year!
There are 31 days in August, and you get to decide how to spend them. Of course, I have some suggestions.
1. Go see Paper Towns!
2. Pick one area of your house and make it perfect. We get so caught up with all we want in our perfect dream house that we can get overwhelmed with how expensive everything is. But that doesn’t mean you can’t change anything! Pick one area–the bathroom or your desk or the kitchen–and make it perfect. Organize and buy pretty things and hang pictures and just make it perfect.
3. Make a coke float. Or an ice cream sundae, or something you haven’t had in awhile.
4. Click here and remember how much you miss Friday Night Lights. And then give them all your money because you definitely need all of these things.
5. Remove one stressful thing from your life. Whether it be a messy drawer or a toxic friendship, get rid of it.
6. Write your significant other a love note, just because.
7. Go to Party City and buy whatever decorations/props are in the clearance section, and throw a dinner party based on those. Cinco de Mayo in August? Why not!
8. Make a playlist of all your favorite songs from high school.
9. Get a planner! If summer is the season of laid back, fall is the season of getting organized. Even if you’re not going back to school, you need a planner. I have this one and this one and they are magical.
10. Order something you’ve never tried at your favorite restaurant.
11. Watch the Pretty Little Liars finale and find out who A is. Except JK, because they’re never going to answer this.
12. Work on viewing Mondays differently.
13. Forgive someone. Whether it’s a grudge you’ve been holding for years or just someone who cut you off in traffic, forgiving someone and letting it go just feels good.
14. Give yourself a break and just eat cereal for dinner.
15. Reread a favorite book.
16. Start a wanderlust Pinterest board. Plan your dream vacation!
17. Go see a morning movie. Safe yourself some money!
18. Make lemonade.
19. Spend an hour dreaming. Whether it’s looking at job openings or new towns or just spending an hour working on a project, dream a little bit.
20. Invest in a good self-tanner. Fall is coming and so is your pasty white skin.
21. Make dinner with only what you already have.
22. Get rid of five things you don’t need.
23. Every time you go to Target, browse the dollar section for potential Christmas gifts. Seriously–I got so many good gifts for $3 and under last year! Start looking now!
24. Spend an afternoon by the pool. Enjoy the remaining warm weather.
25. Go on a fro-yo date. Because eating a bow full of gummy bears and captain crunch is only bad if it’s on top of ice cream. Yogurt is totally healthy.
26. Buy some new lipstick.
27. Listen to Serial.
28. Get a crockpot. Mine has been saving my life this month.
29. Go school supply shopping. The fact that you’re not going back to school is not important.
30. Buy fresh flowers at the grocery store. Just because.
31. Get a new journal. Changing seasons (we all know I start celebrating fall in September, because duh) deserve new journals.
How will you be spending your August?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!