Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
You have twenty days left in September. The only September 2014 there will ever, ever be. How will you spend them? I’ve got some suggestions.
1. Go for a walk. Enjoy the last bit of summertime weather.
2. Break out some pumpkin decorations. You know you want to.
3. Watch Elizabethtown. It’s on Netflix instant-watch and it’s the perfect fall movie.
4. Try your hand at a homemade pumpkin spice latte.
5. Buy the 5-pack of pumpkin candles at Wal-Mart. It’s ten dollars for five candles and your house will smell like a fall wonderland.
6. Sit down with a cup of coffee and journal about what you want this fall to look like. What are your dreams for September and October and November? What do you hope happens? What do you want to accomplish? Write it all down.
7. Start a Bible reading plan. This is a good place to start.
8. Spend a day listening to music that is totally abnormal for you. Ask a friend who has polar-opposite tastes for some recommendations.
9. Start a fall Pinterest board.
10. Plan a completely homemade date night. For your date, your best friend, your spouse, or just yourself. Cook an appetizer, meal, and dessert from scratch. (The fall pinterest board will help here!) Enjoy your hard work. Leave the dishes for the morning.
11. Push yourself at least once. Workout for two minutes longer than you thought was possible. Stay up later so you can be productive. Go a whole day without soda. Just do it.
12. Watch a sunrise. Welcome the day with coffee in hand.
13. Watch a sunset. Toast the day with champagne in hand.
14. Take a day off and don’t check your email one. single. time.
15. Curl up in bed and watch the pilot of a show you’ve never seen before. Bonus points if you make popcorn. NOTE: I have several recommendations for this. Holla atcha girl if you need some.
16. Listen to an audiobook while you clean your house. Ditto on the recommendations.
17. Make someone’s day. With a love note, a cup of coffee, surprise flowers, anything. It’s pretty cool knowing someone is going to have a much better day because of you.
18. Write something creative. A story, a poem, a song. You never have to show anyone, but use your imagination and make some pretty words happen.
19. Remind someone you love of your favorite memory with them. Pick up the phone and reminisce.
20. Say something positive about yourself out loud. To yourself, your dog, the mailman. Doesn’t matter. Just use your own words to remind yourself of how awesome you really are.
How are you spending your September?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!