Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Look up the summer fair in your town. Make plans to go!
2. Get some cheap new sunglasses. The summer is not the time for expensive sunglasses. Especially when you can get some like these for under $10.
3. Plan a few summer trips.
4. Dye your hair a fun color.
5. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
6. Tye-Dye something. A t-shirt, your hair…the possibilities are endless.
7. Make a summer reading list. Then hit up your library because FREE.
8. Try DIY cold brew coffee.
9. Look up concerts in your area.
10. Watch the sunrise and sunset in the same day.
11. Make grilling out a thing you do more often.
12. Pick three things you want to stop doing by the end of the summer. Mine: Drinking so much coffee, taking so long to respond to texts, complaining out loud.
13. Pick three things you want to start doing by the end of the summer.
14. Celebrate Mother’s Day.
15. Invest in some pool floats. Like these:
16. Delete your texts. I wrote about this last month and I DID IT. All of my texts now fit on one screen with no scrolling. I don’t know why this makes me feel so organized, but it does.
17. Stop at the next ice cream truck you see.
18. Stalk Ross / TJ Maxx / Marshall’s for new beach towels. I was going to link some up here but apparently cute beach towels are like $85 now?? No thank you.
19. Host a good, old-fashioned BBQ. And by that I mean ask everyone to bring something and just hang out. No stress!
20. Make lemonade.
21. Go to the beach.
22. Make a list of the things you would do if you had the entire summer off. When you get a day or a weekend off here and there, look at that list!
23. Watch Elizabethtown. My favorite movie ever ever ever.
24. Take advantage of how delicious in-season fruit is.
25. Make some playlists for different moods.
26. Plan a road trip.
27. Keep a list on your phone of people you’d like to send a card to. When your at Target, hit up the dollar section and mail them a little hello!
28. Perfect a smoothie recipe.
29. Wear less makeup. It’s too hot for all of that.
30. Go for more walks.
31. Eat dinner outside.
How will you be spending your month?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!