Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Play mini golf.
2. Call in sick and go to the beach. Or the pool, or a park.
3. Make your summer reading list. I’ve got some suggestions.
4. Go for a walk and take pictures of things in your neighborhood. Sometimes when you see something every day, you can forget how beautiful it is.
5. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Tacos and queso and guac, oh my.
6. Start a new show on Netflix.
7. Find a hammock (or at least a really comfortable chair) and spend the day reading.
8. Have a movie night where you only watch movies that you actually own. Because there was a day before Red Box when you actually purchased movies.
9. Get a library card.
10. Dedicate a night to a project you’ve been meaning to get to forever.
11. Every Monday, write down three things you’re thankful for. Your week will be at least ten percent better because of this.
12. Invite your family (or friends that are family) over for dinner.
13. Have a bonfire.
14. Make it a point to spend some time outside every day.
15. Have your own wine tasting party. It’s cheaper, and you get to try wines that you know you’ll like, instead of paying a bunch of money to pretend you like the wine that is literally described as having hints of pencil shavings and leather. Also, unlimited cheese. Yes.
16. Make your own ice cream. Look how adorable this ice cream maker is!
17. Plan your summer road trip.
18. Make grilled pizza. If you’ve never done this, I would be more than happy to share how we do it!
19. Spend more time in the sun and less time looking at a screen.
20. Bring a coworker coffee or breakfast and leave it on their desk with a note.
21. Say yes to more. Ask yourself your reasons when your first instinct is to say no: Is it because you’re afraid or don’t think you’re good enough? If that’s the case, change your answer.
22. Say no to more. Did you say yes just because you feel obligated or don’t want to upset someone? If so, change your answer. Life is too short to not have any time to yourself because you gave all of yours away out of obligation.
23. Learn to cook something new.
24. Go to a theme park or a fair. If you live near a theme park, I highly suggest season passes. They’re way more affordable than you might think!
25. Read these. And then write your heart out.
26. Make your own ice cream sandwiches.
27. Go see Pitch Perfect 2.
28. Find a sangria or summer cocktail recipe you really like. And save yourself a ton of money in the process.
29. Spend a day by the pool with no plans whatsoever.
30. Watch a sunset over the water. Or at least by the water.
31. Make S’mores. Nothing says summer quite like burnt marshmallows.
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!