just write: simply go.

1. Jae of SCATTERBRAIN

January 7th, 2015 at 2:05 pm

I do. I started writing poems when I was in sixth grade. Modesty aside, in the early 2000s, my parents secretly sent one of my poems I wrote for English class to a site, a gallery of poems and poetry. Mine was selected as the Editor's Choice and was featured in the International Library of Poetry. It was by far my greatest achievement of all time. Just thought I'd share for inspiration. πŸ™‚

2. M

January 7th, 2015 at 2:06 pm

That was lovely. It is really scary putting writing out there, because what you write is essentially what you're thinking. For me, I don't write poetry or anything. But I do know that whenever you're about to post something, just post before you think about what you're doing. If people don't like it, who cares? It's not their corner of the internet. It's yours.

-M
    The Life of Little Me

3. P!nky

January 7th, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Beautiful, lady! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

4. Emmy Hornburg

January 7th, 2015 at 2:24 pm

I love your poetry! I'm awful at poetry so I admire people can write it. I do mainly fiction writing. Specifically fantasy and supernatural!

5. Lauren @ 34 Magnolia Street

January 7th, 2015 at 2:35 pm

I LOVE this!! So glad you shared. I've started writing some poetry aimed for songwriting and it has been so freeing to explore a new writing style! Love seeing others explore their creativity! You go girl!

6. Vanessa Morgan

January 7th, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Love love LOVE your poetry. I'll hope you'll publish them here more often.

7. Cece

January 7th, 2015 at 4:09 pm

I love it!! I think it's awesome you shared it. You'd think after you publish a book you'd be over the fear of putting it out there but I guess that's just a thing that probably only gets easier the more and more often you do it.

8. When she writes

January 7th, 2015 at 4:28 pm

tis is simply beautiful! I have the same worries about writing on my blog , so far I have only posted one poem, but in future I am going to change all that

9. Christina @ Happy or Else

January 7th, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I literally have chills. Maybe because I felt like you wrote it about my "secret me," or about the "secret me" inside of everyone. πŸ™‚ Poignant.

10. Ashleigh

January 7th, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Your writing is amazing! I love it. You are so talented. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love the jacket, too. πŸ˜€ Newest follower!

January 7th, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I love that! Really really good.

I'm not too poetic myself, I always say that, then I think maybe it's because I never let myself be. I'm trying to work that out a little in my writing journals.

12. Candace Groberg

January 7th, 2015 at 5:31 pm

This is my first time visiting your blog and I just gotta say that your poem is beautiful!
    It's refreshing see something so emotionally raw in the blogging world.
    Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!
    I look forward to reading more of your work.

13. Emily @ Ember Grey

January 7th, 2015 at 6:07 pm

well shoot, I keep trying to comment and it's not posting! :/ I'm so sorry if you keep getting this a million times but I HAVE to tell you how much 1. I love this poem you shared, and 2. how much I love your writing in general. Please don't ever stop!

14. arushee bhoja

January 7th, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Love this!! I'm so glad you've decided to share your writing, I'd love to see more!

15. Kristin DiCristofano

January 7th, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Oh my that is amazing! Keep sharing!

16. Rebecca Chapman

January 7th, 2015 at 7:39 pm

AH MAZE ING! I loved it go much! I'm glad you had the courage to share and I hope that you will share more!

17. Susannah

January 7th, 2015 at 7:44 pm

I love it!!!! Can't wait to read more!

18. Kathryn

January 7th, 2015 at 7:48 pm

This was lovely! Short, sweet, and to the point! It made my heart happy. Keep sharing – I can't wait to read more!

xx Kathryn

19. Yelle

January 7th, 2015 at 8:19 pm

you know what's funny? i feel like i can hear your voice and get a sense of you from this poem. in a totally good way πŸ™‚ it's lovely.

20. LexMeetsWorld

January 7th, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Beautiful! I loved it, you need to share more with us!

21. Nadine Lynn

January 7th, 2015 at 9:06 pm

Love this!!! So glad you decided to share! I wish I could write more creatively!

22. Stacey Greene

January 7th, 2015 at 11:30 pm

Eek! I'd love to write more creatively but am so afraid! Also, I feel like I wouldn't know how πŸ™ Do you have prompts to help at all? THANK YOU for sharing, you are such an inspiration! xo

23. Because of Jackie

January 8th, 2015 at 12:30 am

Loved this, friend, because it is awesome and because you were brave enough to share it;) I don't really write creatively, but I love pouring out my thoughts and feelings for a blog post, and never seem to run out of options to write about. Reading and writing seem to gee me the most pleasure out of life, as does connecting to others.

24. Kaeleen

January 8th, 2015 at 12:34 am

Love this my friend! Please don't ever stop writing πŸ™‚

25. jackie jade

January 8th, 2015 at 1:53 am

lovely poem! i haven't written creatively in awhile but i definitely love taking the time to write for my blog!

26. Hannah Bee

January 8th, 2015 at 2:55 am

I love this so much!! You are such a gifted writer, Chelsea! I write creatively too πŸ™‚ I've been writing poetry since I was in about 2nd grade…it is so neat to see that this is something you enjoy, too! I love it when poetry or other ways of writing are included in a blog post! Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

PS – here's a poem I blogged a little bit ago: http://www.justbeeblog.com/2014/10/road-chasing/

Hannah

27. Esther Ju*Lee

January 8th, 2015 at 3:20 am

i love this poem you wrote! i feel like it describes me perfectly too πŸ˜€

28. The Rachael Way

January 8th, 2015 at 3:41 am

OK so now you have to come to China and tell my honors 7th grade English students how awesome reading and writing is. haha.

29. Tayler Morrell

January 8th, 2015 at 3:52 am

I LOVE IT!!!!

30. Anonymous

January 8th, 2015 at 5:29 am

That was beautiful and striking! I really loved it. I do love reading and writing, too. Mostly I write short fiction and I'm in the middle of a novel… I think. Lol. Keep on writing and reading! πŸ™‚

31. Megan C. Stroup

January 8th, 2015 at 5:05 pm

I love this!! Share MORE MORE MORE! πŸ™‚

32. Claire

January 8th, 2015 at 8:09 pm

Love this πŸ™‚ I've always been a big writer but lately I just write my blog even though I have a Novel notebook and a novel in my head, I am definitely going to get it outta my head this year and onto paper, but like you, I'm nervous.

33. Small Town Sisters

January 13th, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Simply beautiful!
    -Meg

34. brittany

January 28th, 2015 at 4:17 am

these are so beautiful! and i love the typewriter font for the images, it really sets the tone for your writing perfectly!!