On Halloween.

1. Miranda

October 28th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Chelsea, this is AMAZING. So well said! I completely, 100% agree with everything you just broke down. Way to be bold. šŸ™‚

2. Stephanie

October 28th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Haha! I don't believe in Mondays either! Perfect comparison, I'm cracking up. I love Halloween. There are so many evil things in this world, but Halloween traditions aren't among them.

3. Beth Mayberry

October 28th, 2013 at 6:06 pm

girl! I did a post on this last year (why I celebrate halloween: http://www.oakandoats.com/2012/10/why-i-celebrate-halloween.html ) and I do agree! I really want to be the light on this holiday – and the light in the neighborhood. I want to be the house where the kids want to come because they get good candy and a warm welcome. I think that the darkness of Halloween makes it even MORE important for Christians to be involved!!

4. Annie

October 28th, 2013 at 6:08 pm

I love this! We always went trick-or-treating growing up and I loved it. My parents taught us firmly in the truth and Halloween for us was just a day to dress up, hang out with our friends, and get candy!

5. Jessica Hobin

October 28th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

such a great post! I had a room-mate this past halloween (he's gone now) that didn't 'believe' in Halloween. So when I had a little Halloween get together with friends, he hid up in his room and wouldn't come down. Seriously, it made no sense, haha. Oh well, to each their own I guess – as long as he doesn't lecture me about it, he's not hurting anyone!

6. Anonymous

October 28th, 2013 at 6:37 pm

I'm actually really glad that you said this. I've read that a lot and I think it's out of hand. It seems like there's so many people that are one extreme or another. And honestly, Halloween is evil if you allow it to be evil. If you're participating in like devil-ish things that make you feel evil, than yes, it is. But dressing up? Scaring people? Being fun? Whatever. I agree COMPLETELY with you.

7. Vanessa Morgan

October 28th, 2013 at 8:31 pm

So true, as always. Enjoy your Halloween.

8. Signe

October 28th, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Love this post!! There are some religious traditions that make sense and others that are just really outdated to the point they're just unrealistic and impractical. Halloween is a great holiday so everybody should enjoy it šŸ™‚

aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

9. amber kanady

October 29th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

preach it, sistah!

10. Meghan Kraft

October 29th, 2013 at 5:15 pm

I just love this – thank you for posting it. I'm a Christian, too, and I absolutely loved dressing up and trick-or-treating as a little girl. My parents just made sure we weren't dresses as witches or vampires šŸ˜‰ I think we can definitely enjoy the holiday as a day

11. Anthony Rick

October 29th, 2013 at 6:14 pm

awesome!

12. Owl in the tree

October 30th, 2013 at 2:32 am

Love this post. This has been a major topic in my women's group. I 100% agree with you on this.

13. Owl in the tree

October 30th, 2013 at 2:33 am

14. The Lady Okie

October 31st, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Great post! My church celebrates by putting on a "family festival" type thing where people can come, dress up with their families, get candy, and play games. It's always a lot of fun!