Finding Ways to be Thankful for a Year That Hurt Me.

1. Lindsay Latimer

December 10th, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Amen. There are going to be many bad years, but, we have to try to find some sunshine among the clouds!

2. Shannon Mahaney

December 10th, 2019 at 3:37 pm

Love your perspective! I always find that I look back on the bad year(s) in my life and remember how strong they made me. How much growth I had from it. And of course all the good memories sprinkled in.

3. Kait

December 10th, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Gosh you have such a good outlook on things and it really encourages me. I love you, friend!

4. Lauren Packer

December 11th, 2019 at 1:09 am

Thank you so much for this I needed to hear it! You’re amazing!

5. cara

December 11th, 2019 at 3:43 pm

Such a great reminder, friend. Life always comes with bad moments, but there are also so many great moments worth celebrating. Cheers to a great 2019 ending!

6. Missy @MySh!ttyKitchen

December 11th, 2019 at 5:21 pm

We cannot appreciate the good things in our life without the bad. What doesn’t kill you truly makes you stronger. Cheers to a wonderful holiday season and a 2020 with way more good than bad!

7. Alicia

December 17th, 2019 at 5:31 am

Hey Chelsea,

I love every word of this post. It’s so important to try and remember the good times, even the bad times outweighed them. This year has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for me but it’s also been a year full of discovery and realisation which I know will stand me in great stead for a wonderful 2020. Sending Love, Alicia x

8. Chelsea Jacobs

January 7th, 2020 at 8:15 pm

Thank you so much! I’m with you on the emotional rollercoaster. Ready to take all the lessons and make a great 2020 out of them.

9. Julie Hood

December 20th, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Once again, you brilliantly point us to the positive while not ignoring or brushing aside very real pain. Thank you for this reminder, as I’ve struggled with painful guilt over my own poor choices. Recognizing the positive of the year doesn’t negate or ignore the things (bad) choices I made (and thankfully learned from)

10. Chelsea Jacobs

January 7th, 2020 at 8:15 pm

Exactly! Whatever choices you made, I’m sorry they brought you pain, but I hope you leave any guilt in last year. It’s a new season, friend. New mercies.

11. Audrey

December 27th, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I feel this. We had a shit year. We were stressed for 12 months straight at work, we lost our dog to a freak infection, ppd set in HARD after we Brough M home… It was/is a rough 2019.
    BUT we also took some trips and spent time with family and friends and we brought Bristol and Maddie home. So I just can’t write off the whole year.
    Excellent reminder, friend!

12. Chelsea Jacobs

January 7th, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Thinking of you, friend. Shitty years suck, I’m positive 2020 will be better for you!

13. all the good this year brought

January 1st, 2020 at 1:42 am

[…] was reading this article by the incredible chelsea hannah and it really got me […]

14. Chelsea Jacobs

January 7th, 2020 at 8:13 pm

this made my life. cheers to finding the good, always.