Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
We’ve officially been through six months of the 2016 and have six months left.
I love spending January 1st making all sorts of goals, but this year, I was 38 weeks pregnant and NOT feeling it. Plus, I had no idea what my life was about to look like, so I wasn’t really into the idea of setting myself up to fail.
Chris reminded me last night that I had said I was going to wait to make resolutions and goals until we moved (back when I had no idea where we’d be!) and treat July like my January. How perfect, then, that today just so happens to be halfway through the year and my day off. I’ll be spending today setting some goals-if you didn’t set goals this year (or if you did and maaaaaybe they’re not going so well), you should join me!
Now, on to the best part of a new month: Our to-do list!
We’ve got thirty-one days in July, and we each get to decide how to spend them. Let’s make room for a little fun this month, shall we?
1. Look at those New Years resolutions…how are you doing six months in?
2. Make some type of red, white, and blue drink or dessert!
3. Buy some fireworks. Or, if you’re a pansy like me, buy some sparklers and take pretty pictures with them!
4. Celebrate the Fourth of July!
5. Have a cookout.
6. Dress your pet up in patriotic gear.
7. Invest in a sunscreen that you love wearing. And by invest, I mean make the time to venture out to the drugstore and find one that smells good.
8. Make iced tea.
9. Stock up on fruits from your local farmer’s market.
10. Order a planner for the fall. Most planners start in August (or even July!), so get yours now!
11. Have a late-night picnic under the stars.
12. Get some string lights for your backyard/balcony. They’re so cheap, so adorable, and they just make my heart so happy.
13. Watch the Gilmore Girls mini-series! I’m trying to save this for when Chris has to work nights, but I will be incredibly surprised with myself if I’m able to hold out for more than a week.
14. Switch out one unhealthy thing in your life. Just one. You don’t have to overhaul everything in order to feel better. I just did this with creamer (a great love of my life) and I feel pretty freaking good.
15. Get touristy and find all the Instagram-perfect places around your town. Helene just did this for Nashville, and it makes me want to do it for my new city!
16. While we’re being touristy-look up the highest rated places (coffee shop, boutique, restaurant…) in your town on a website like yelp..you might find a new treasure!
17. Make a list of a few meals you like to eat and just rotate those throughout the summer. Summertime is meant for spending your freetime by the pool, not in your kitchen worrying about what’s for dinner.
18. Do something that makes working out easier for you. Whether it’s buying a cute gym outfit or a colorful yoga mat or joining a spin class…make it
easy easier on yourself to actually do it.
19. Go on a frozen yogurt date.
20. Make champagne ice cubes for your mimosas. Thanks for the idea, Lindsay!
21. Watch the sunset with someone you love.
22. Have a pool party. At an actual pool, at a kiddie pool in your backyard…anything goes!
23. Think of three words you want to describe you, and spend the week doing your best to live out those three words.
24. Go through your closet and put some new outfits together using what you already have.
25. Get a cherry-limeade from Sonic.
26. Start a running list of fun things to do in your town.
27. Plan a dream vacation. It may be years (and years) away, but it’s fun to dream!
28. Take way too many pictures. Summer is for joy-filled selfies.
29. See how many of your favorite meals you can turn into salads.
30. Get a Slurpee next time you get gas at a 7-11.
31. Make a list of things that make you happy in July.
How will you be spending your July?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!