Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Make a summer playlist.
2. Invest in a hammock. I have been the proud owner of a new hammock for six days now and can confidently tell you, YOU NEED ONE.
3. Get a cute water bottle. It’s getting hot out there, and dehydration ain’t cute.
4. Stop by a yard sale.
5. Make your outdoor area somewhere you like spending time. Whether you have tons of land or a tiny backyard or a one-person balcony, do what you can to make it somewhere you want to hang out.
6. Buy someone flowers at the grocery store. You’re already there, so it costs you no extra time. Just $3 to make someone’s day!
7. Make sweet tea.
8. Pre-make and freeze a bunch of smoothies.
9. Go for a walk at sunset.
10. Find yourself a pool. Whether this means buying a membership somewhere or forcing someone who has a pool to be your friend or buying yourself a kiddy pool…do what ya gotta do.
11. Binge-watch Gilmore Girls in preparation for the new mini-series!
12. Sidewalk chalk something! Leave a little love note in your driveway or the sidewalk in front of your favorite coffee shop!
13. Make pitchers of fruity water.
14. Make grilled pizza. The perfect summer dinner.
15. Buy (or build!) an outdoor game. Giant jenga or corn hole!
16. Go to Home Depot. For no reason. And then leave with 87 project ideas.
17. Have a movie night.
18. Eat popcorn for dinner.
19. Buy a tropical scented candle for summer.
20. Revisit a project you let fall to the wayside. That book you were writing or that dress you were making or that room you were redecorating, and just stopped.
21. Learn to play a new card game. Poker! Blackjack! Gin Rummy! Learn them all.
22. Send someone a handwritten card… without ever having to leave the house.
23. Remind yourself of all those things you said in January that you wanted to accomplish this year. June is the halfway mark of 2016!
24. Make grilled blueberry muffins. I know it’s bikini season, so I’m sorry. But cut a muffin in half, butter it, and throw it in a pan or on a grill.
25. Print some pictures that make you happy and tape them up.
26. Go without makeup. It’s too hot for all that.
27. Go to the library.
28. Try out some new grill recipes.
29. Go to a restaurant you’ve heard nothing about.
30. Make homemade popsicles.
How will you be spending your June?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!