What April Taught Me.

1. Michelle

April 28th, 2016 at 1:33 pm

Having a teething baby IS hard and don't let anyone tell you otherwise πŸ™‚ Mine is teething too, and just surviving the day makes me feel like a superhero sometimes. The "I can do hard things" lesson is what I've learned more than anything else during my 13 months of motherhood.

I'm sorry someone snatched the house of your dreams! We had the exact same thing happen to us last month. We will both be settled in our own place one of these days πŸ™‚

2. Audrey Louise

April 28th, 2016 at 2:08 pm

I really like the realization of being "settled." So many people see "settled" as a bad thing (which, it CAN be in certain instances, but not this one). When we settled here I thought I was forfeiting adventure, but you're right- I just have a home base to leave for and come back from my adventures!

3. Jacquelyn @ The Lowcountry Mama

April 28th, 2016 at 2:16 pm

Get an amber necklace!! I know it sounds crazy but my baby had 8 teeth by 7 months and I hardly ever realized they were coming in. Even if it doesn't really work it looks super cute =)

4. Erin LFF

April 28th, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Great reminder on doing hard things but cutting ourselves some slack when we don't do EVERYTHING. I make myself feel guilty when I don't accomplish "enough" in a day or week and I know I need to stop that!! πŸ˜‰ Hope you guys find a house that you LOVE soon!

5. Carly Blogs Here

April 28th, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Love what you said about happiness– and not being able to do everything & I think wanting to feel settled totally makes sense & is just as special as traveling the world– it's just a different kind of adventure.

6. Emily

April 28th, 2016 at 4:21 pm

I'm still trying to grasp the concept of "you can't do everything." I nearly had a come apart last night. I never ask for help and here is why: my mom asked me if I need help with anything I was doing. So I said yes, I need containers incase we have leftovers on Saturday. (bridal brunch) Then she had 50 questions about what kind of containers so I told her to just forget it and I'd do it. Because just doing it was easier than answering 50 questions about what kind of tupperware I needed. I don't care what kind, something so I don't have mini quiche free flying around my car.

Long story short; I then felt bad for being short with my mom and I'm a control freak who can't delegate.

7. Rachel Emily

April 28th, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Having teeth really is the best thing ever, Jack! Hang in there mama, you are doing GREAT!!! <3

8. Emelia at Dream Big & Buy the Shoes

April 28th, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Yes, life is way too short. Every moment means something, I'm a firm cliche believer in that. I love your outlook,always.

9. Caitlin Elizabeth

April 28th, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Love your last point about being happy even when things don't go as planned. So important to remember what truly matters!

10. Emily Woodard

April 28th, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I agree with you– I want to be settled, too. The military has taken away my home base. While I do my best to make this temporary station feel like home, I can't wait until I have a say in where I live and how long I stay.

April 28th, 2016 at 6:55 pm

I think we always intrinsically KNOW that we can't do everything, but that we have to remind ourselves periodically out loud.

12. Kristen @ See You In A Porridge

April 28th, 2016 at 7:33 pm

yes to the last one. so true.
    and yeah.. teething babies are hard. i'm not a parent but i can see that is definitely hard. sorry that someone stole your dream house, rage! hope another one comes along.

13. Mattie @ Northwest Native

April 28th, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I feel the exact same way on being a homeowner! I am excited to put down roots.

14. Joey Hodges

April 29th, 2016 at 12:55 am

Oh friend yes to ALL OF THESE THNGS! Like you're speaking my language.

15. Cara (Kindly Unspoken)

April 29th, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Aw, teething is the worst but try not to let it get you down. It will get better and enjoy those sweet moments of snuggles! Also, I bet your all's dream house is literally right around the corner πŸ˜‰ Just wait and see!

16. Leah McPherson

April 29th, 2016 at 2:38 pm

Such a great reminder that we absolutely cannot do everything! It's so hard to want to and know that it just isn't going to happen. I always put so much more on my plate than I can handle. Yes, teething is so hard! There is no sugarcoating that one. Hang in there mama, it'll be over soon so enjoy those cuddling moments. -xx Leah || Chasing Texas