This Year Has Pushed me so Far Out of my Comfort Zone.

1. Cara (Kindly Unspoken)

April 8th, 2016 at 1:25 pm

This is great! I definitely agree that sometimes being pushed out of our comfort zones is what it takes for us to actually try something new and venture out. And in the end we learn that just because it seems scary at first doesn't mean we should run the other way. Have a great weekend, girl! šŸ™‚

2. Lauren Honeycutt

April 8th, 2016 at 1:53 pm

What an awesome post! It just goes to show that stretching yourself brings about great things!

3. Michelle

April 8th, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I love this. Discomfort has been the theme of my year, too. I'm still in the thick of some hard things, but it HAS grown me so much, and I'm grateful for that.

4. Carolann Chambers

April 8th, 2016 at 2:37 pm

Sometimes you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone in order to reap the biggest rewards. Sometimes you are pushed out of your comfort zone without your permission. But sometimes, that is just what you needed.

5. Pamela @ alittleglitter.com

April 8th, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Happy Early Birthday! I am so glad that everything worked out for you guys with Florida!

6. Emily

April 8th, 2016 at 3:05 pm

First off, happy almost birthday!

Secondly, this post is wonderful. Your writing and way of sharing your emotions through your journey of the past year has been inspiring to read! I know I've had a horrible attitude through about 90% of the changes I've gone through this year (moving, new jobs, etc., etc.), and every morning coming to read your blog has been a reminder that focusing on the grumpiness or sadness or whatever ISN'T WORTH IT! So thanks for all your posts and raw writings šŸ™‚

7. Jess -Little Bits of Joy Blog

April 8th, 2016 at 3:12 pm

This is a great reminder!!! I hate being pushed out of my comfort zone.. my first pregnancy was that too. I got pregnant quickly, before I was ready and had to be really pushed out of my comfort zone with the whole thing! Now I can't imagine not having our 4-year-old. šŸ™‚

8. Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes}

April 8th, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Sometimes being pushed out of your comfort zone leads to the best results! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

9. Emelia at Dream Big & Buy the Shoes

April 8th, 2016 at 4:28 pm

This blog has come by being pushed out of my comfort zone…it was a step outside of the writing I'm used to and I love every second of what has come from me taking risks. Love this!

10. Candace Groberg

April 8th, 2016 at 5:27 pm

I was just thinking yesterday how some of my favorite moments where completely unplanned and out of my comfort zone. Life is insanely beautiful in those times.

April 8th, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Yes to all of this! Some of the best experiences of my life stemmed from jumping (or being pushed) outside of my comfort zone!

12. Laura

April 8th, 2016 at 5:45 pm

I think being pushed out of our comfort zones is the only way to better ourselves!

April 8th, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Being out of the comfort zone is UNCOMFORTABLE…but it's also a place of tremendous growth.

Cheers to a great year ahead for you!

14. julie @ a hopeful hood

April 8th, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Happy almost-birthday! And you're right, being pushed out of a comfort zone can result in the BEST. I had to say goodbye to my job as a teacher (uncomfortable) and now I am staying home with the little baby that I couldn't possibly love more (the best!). šŸ™‚

15. P!nky

April 8th, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Such a sweet post about growth.

My birthday is next week toooooooooo!

16. Jacquelyn @ The Lowcountry Mama

April 8th, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Birthdays make me reflect on the past year too much more than January 1st does.. and this past year was also my best year ever. So many firsts which makes things uncomfortable, BUT uncomfortable is also usually exciting and fun =)

April 8th, 2016 at 8:10 pm

I think we grow so much when we're pushed out of our comfort zone! I know I did this year being away from friends and family. Nothing better than being in love with life. šŸ™‚

18. Taylor

April 9th, 2016 at 2:08 am

I love that you take the time each year to reflect on where you were, where you are, and everything in between. I seriously want to try to do this. I'm glad so many uncomfortable moments brought so many amazing and wonderful experiences to your life.

19. Allison

April 9th, 2016 at 3:15 am

"Sometimes life doesn't have to be classically good to be the best…" Yes and yes my friend! What a year for you! Happy almost birthday!

20. Morgan Apfel

April 9th, 2016 at 11:51 am

YES to everything! I am working on getting out of my comfort zone this year. I'll be 28 and I had this like epiphany one day that I need to just live, you know? Everything I've planned or had an "idea" of almost never turns out lol, so why not just live as it's happening. I'm making no sense lol. Sorry. My blog comments are always like me pounding on the keyboard going, "YOU GO GIRL" to everyone. But really, you go girl.

21. Jess

April 9th, 2016 at 11:28 pm

That's a great quote! I'm so glad things life is changing in such great ways. I similarly feel uncomfortable often, and have to ask myself why I feel the urge for things to go back to the way they were, but really it's just a period of getting used to changes. That are actually good for you! Silly brain, life would be so boring without change.

22. Emily Woodard

April 10th, 2016 at 2:40 pm

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that life never goes according to plan. Usually, the unplanned is better than you'd ever expect!

23. Emilie

April 11th, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I seriously can't stress enough how much I love the positivity of your blog posts! I've been pushed right out of my comfort zone this year when I moved across the pond to Berlin!

24. The Rachael Way

April 14th, 2016 at 2:56 am

PRAISE HANDS. This is literally my mantra from living abroad. I love this! <3

April 14th, 2016 at 3:31 am

My family is a pretty firm believer that the best life is often lived outside of your comfort zone. It's such a big part of who we are that one of my sister's will regularly ask everyone, "What are you doing that's outside of your comfort zone?" I have to say that the job I'm currently in (and have been for almost two years) is still outside of my comfort zone, but it's also the best. Glad to hear you've had such an amazing year, even if it was uncomfortable. šŸ™‚