Books I Read in April (And Whether or Not You Should Read Them).

1. Jackie @ A Better Me

April 25th, 2016 at 1:43 pm

I read "Year Of Yes" recently. I don't really watch Shonda's shows (love her characters, hate her storylines), but it's hard not to be inspired and I was really impressed with the whole book. I think it's pretty much a perfect book for you right before your move.

2. Carly Blogs Here

April 25th, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Year of Yes is on my library hold list right now– I keep hearing good things about it even though I don't think I've watched any of her shows.

April 25th, 2016 at 2:07 pm

So many great book recommendations this month. I have heard so many wonderful things about "The Year of Yes", I want to read it too!

4. BLovedBoston

April 25th, 2016 at 2:30 pm

I still haven't read bossypants…need to get on that! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

5. Kaelene Spence

April 25th, 2016 at 2:37 pm

I just read Bossypants and loved it! I have "The Year of Yes" next on my list!

6. Abbey Peralta

April 25th, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I tried to get Year of Yes at the library over the weekend and the last copy had just been checked out, I was already excited to read it but now I seriously cannot wait!

7. Ashley LaMar

April 25th, 2016 at 2:58 pm

I loved Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes! That was a great book and definitely one I'd recommend.

8. Audrey Louise

April 25th, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Your reviews sound SO GOOD. I've read Bossypants and I love love love Tina. She's my idol. I want her drive and her attitude and her humor. She's amazing. Her outlook is fantastic! I need to add your other two books to my "want to read" list!

9. Julie @ Just the Joy's

April 25th, 2016 at 6:07 pm

All of these books sound worth reading! I can't wait until things slow down and I can start finding some time to read again!

10. Emily Woodard

April 25th, 2016 at 6:18 pm

I definitely want to read Year of Yes. I've been looking for more motivational books, so I'll have to check that one out!

11. Rachel

April 25th, 2016 at 6:23 pm

I loved Year of Yes too! It's definitely inspired me to say yes to a few things I've always thought about pursuing but been a little afraid to!

12. Ashley @ The Wandering Weekenders

April 25th, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I really want to read Year of Yes! I've heard so many amazing things about it from tons of people, plus it's Shonda Rhimes!

13. Emily

April 25th, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Year of Yes. One of the best books I've ever read. It is so very inspirational. And bossy pants is excellent as well!
    I'm in the middle of reading "as hot as it was you ought to thank me" so far, meh. but I'm trying to get to the real plot before I completely give up on it. Notorious RBG should be arriving on my doorstep today and I am SO EXCITED!!!!!

April 25th, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I need to read Year of Yes soon! I really need some of that motivation. 🙂

15. Rachel Gault

April 25th, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I really want to read Year of Yes! It'll be first up after I get through the pile already sitting on my bookshelf 🙂 I had mixed feelings on The Good Girl too. It took too long for something big to happen!

16. julie @ a hopeful hood

April 25th, 2016 at 10:11 pm

The new design is AWESOME! (I'm probably so late to the game. But I do love it.) Also, thank youuuu for posting book suggestions/honest reviews. Being an English major (a.k.a. forced to binge-read to keep up in my classes) made me hate reading…..until now, when I suddenly have so much time to read while nursing!!! Anyway, keep up the book posts! 🙂

17. Kasey At The Bat

April 25th, 2016 at 11:38 pm

ahhh I so want to read the year of yes. I have GOT to finish this damn Outlander series before I can do anything else though.. hahah

18. Christina Lea Loves

April 26th, 2016 at 12:29 am

I always feel like I read more once the weather's warmer and you can just sit outside and enjoy – definitely need to check some of these out!

19. Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes}

April 26th, 2016 at 12:43 am

I have been dying to read Bossypants! Definitely downloading that book next! I read so much during the summer, it's so nice being outside! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

20. Leah @ Everyday Love

April 26th, 2016 at 10:08 am

I am now adding year of yes to my book list, sounds like something that would really benefit me! Thank you for sharing!

21. Joey Hodges

April 26th, 2016 at 11:47 am

Totally grabbing The Year of Yes! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have The Good Girl on my kindle but haven't read it yet. In contrast, I hated bossypants (insert hands over eyes monkey emoji).

22. Kristen @ See You In A Porridge

April 26th, 2016 at 2:04 pm

i loved the year of yes and totally agree with everything you said. i loved that it was more than i expected. i had heard of tina fey when i first read bossypants, but only from mean girls. i know, i know, crazy. but i ended up listening to it and LOVING it so hard that i then binge watched all of 30 rock and everything she's ever done and basically became a fan for life. she would totally win the president thing if she like.. er, ran? is that what you say? anyway. the good girl is on my list but eh.

23. Rachel Emily

April 27th, 2016 at 1:39 am

I listened to The Good Girl as an audio book and I would completely agree! The first half was ehhh then I really wanted to know how it ended! I don't know what's wrong with me that I haven't read Bossypants yet!

April 28th, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I love love love Tina Fey and adored Bossy Pants.

25. Laura Marie Keenan

April 28th, 2016 at 8:41 pm

I'm totally checking out The Good Girl! I'm intrigued.