Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Celebrate the fact that it’s a new year! We make such a big deal over Christmas that we sometimes gloss over the fact that we finished a whole year, and we’re starting a brand new one. That’s an exciting thing! Celebrate it!
2. Set some time aside to make some resolutions and goals. If you need some help, try answering these questions.
3. Pick a word for your year. Here’s mine!
4. Take one step towards each of your goals.
5. Cook something new!
6. Buy a 2016 journal.
7. Make one of those holiday desserts you never got around to trying.
8. Do something kind for someone. Start 2016 off on the right foot by paying it forward.
9. Make an effort to be positive about your job. Spend an entire day looking for the good things about your job, and don’t complain about it for 24 hours.
10. Do one thing that makes waking up more pleasant. Whether this is going to bed earlier or making the coffee before you go to bed, finding a way to enjoy mornings is a game-changer.
11. Send someone a card. Since the holidays are over, it will be a surprise!
12. Go bowling.
13. Research your city like you would if you were going on a vacation there. See what new places you can discover!
14. Make a new music playlist.
15. Journal about what you hope 2016 will look like for you. If you could decide how this year was going to turn out, what would you want?
16. Look up cheap, healthy recipes. Cheers to cooking more and eating out less this year!
17. Go on a coffee date.
18. Buy a board game.
19. Have a movie night at home.
20. Pick a few complicated drinks or dishes you want to learn to make this year. If you give yourself a year, you can learn to cook anything!
21. Buy a planner.
22. Keep a running list of movies you want to see. That way you don’t end up staring blankly at the red box machine come Friday night.
23. Read a book that relates to a goal you have.
24. Pull out that holiday cocktail dress and go on one more fancy date.
25. Go out of your way to show someone you love them.
26. Have breakfast in bed.
27. Find a cheap bottle of wine you like. It makes grocery runs a lot easier!
28. Take a day off and relax.
29. Plan a staycation. Don’t just request days off of work, actually plan it like you would a vacation!
30. Look up smoothie recipes. Detox from the holiday food with some fruits and veggies!
31. Practice giving yourself grace. Remember that each day can be a fresh start, no matter what the day before looked like or how much you feel like you failed. It’s never too late to start new!
How will you be spending your January?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!