Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Plan a staycation. Explore your own city-vacation without paying for a hotel!
2. Take advantage of how cheap fruit is during the summer months. Eat berries and cherries and melon galore.
3. Look up flea markets/drive-ins/farmer’s markets that may only be open in the summer.
4. Make a list of all you hope to do this summer. If it feels like you won’t have enough time, consider giving some things up for a little while…like Facebook.
5. Take more pictures!
6. Make a summer playlist.
7. Pick a town in your state that you’ve never been to and spend the day there.
8. Take a comedy break and watch an SNL short. I highly recommend looking up the Shy Ronnie skits.
9. Make plans to see out of town friends or family before the fall.
10. Learn a card game you’ve never played before.
11. Work on your homemade ice cream skills.
12. Learn one thing about each person who has announced they want to run for president. Look instantly smarter in conversations.
13. DIY a backyard game. Giant Jenga or tic-tac-toe!
14. Get new books from the library and spend the day reading.
15. Spend an entire day at the pool.
16. Make a Bachelorette bracket. It can hang on your refrigerator in shame.
17. Set up a little reading/writing nook in your house.
18. Experiment with iced tea recipes.
19. Make S’mores.
20. Download the GIF keyboard to your phone. And all of your text responses will win, forever.
21. Have a dinner party where you see how many versions of mac and cheese you can make. And by dinner party, I mean cook yourself dinner.
22. Go swimming at night.
23. It’s hot outside…go without all the makeup for a day here and there. Or all summer, because you can.
24. Order a Ban.do planner. So you don’t have regrets when they’re all sold out in August.
25. Plan a cookout. Or several.
26. Make your 4th of July plans.
27. Make homemade lemonade.
28. Send someone a thank you card.
29. Invest in a popsicle mold.
30. Throw a Hawaiian luau-themed dinner party. With these. And these. And definitely this.
What’s on your to-do list for this month?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!