Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
There are thirty days in April. I hope you get the most out of every single one of them. But the only way that’s going to happen is if you choose how to spend them instead of just letting them fly by you. As always, I have some suggestions!
1. Play a joke on someone in the spirit of April Fools.
2. Make someone an Easter basket.
3. Dye Easter eggs. Are you ever too old for this? The answer is no.
4. Make yourself an Easter basket.
5. Celebrate Easter. With your friends, family, or just yourself!
6. Make a springtime bucket list.
7. Watch some old Audrey Hepburn movies. I don’t know why, but springtime always makes me want to turn on some black and white movies.
8. Do one thing you’ve never done before.
9. Go through an entire day complimenting every person you talk to. Compliments are free and easy to give and often make someone’s entire day.
10. Stock up on the discounted Jelly Beans.
11. Go to a farmer’s market. Then cook dinner with whatever you found there.
12. Go on a picnic. Because hello, spring weather.
13. Make your summer reading list.
14. Push yourself to drink more water than you normally do.
15. Pump yourself up for next month’s release by re-watching Pitch Perfect.
16. Plan a road trip. Cross-country or just one town over, road trips are a must in warm weather.
17. Take some time to write out your goals for this summer. They don’t have to be big, serious goals. Just write down what you want to get out of the summer.
18. Throw a dinner party. For no reason at all. Go to Party City and get fun decorations, buy the fancier stuff at the grocery store. It’s April, and that is worth celebrating.
19. Look up outdoor concerts in your area.
20. Take a few minutes every morning to look up an inspiring quote or verse and make that your mantra for the day.
21. Spend an afternoon on a swing or a hammock.
22. Take a picture of everything you come across that inspires you.
23. When you have free time, put away your phone and read a book instead.
24. Take a trip to Hobby Lobby with no list. And leave with supplies for at least one fun project.
25. Look up new recipes for fresh fruits and veggies.
26. Take a road trip to the nearest drive-in.
27. Pick one thing you want to better about yourself this month.
28. Find a rooftop to have dinner on under the stars. Or a patio, or a backyard.
29. Look up recipes for fruit infused water to make drinking more water easier!
30. For at least a week, make it a point to see either the sunrise or the sunset.
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!