Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. It does not matter that I don’t even have a CD player anymore, I WILL be waiting in line at Target for this one. And the next one. And all of them. The year will be 2042 and I will STILL be waiting in line so I can read the lyrics booklet.
2. We do not judge her dating choices. Too young? Too old? Everybody makes mistakes, OKAY? She’s gotta get new song material from somewhere, geeze. Don’t be petty. Until they break up, obviously, and then pettiness is necessary. Like, we’re still mad at Joe Jonas. And dear John? BYE FELICIA.
3. I need to get married or pregnant or something so I can send her an invitation to my shower. And even if she’s too busy to come, she can send me a water color painting that will basically seal our friendship forever. Yep, time to have a baby.
4. *Casually stops listening to Katy Perry.* I will throw shade at Katy Perry in normal conversations, and if you are team Perry, well, it was a nice friendship while it lasted.
5. Every song has two alternate titles in my head: One, the person’s name who it’s actually about, and two, the person’s name who I sing it in my car about. Oh look, it’s the Style/Harry/Josh song!
6. I want wild and curly hair. Actually, I want super straight hair with blunt bangs. Oh wait, short hair. I want short hair.
7. Obviously I’m excited that her big announcement was her new album, but also just a little bummed that it had nothing to do with her releasing her own clothing line so we could all look like dolls. Is that coming soon? Please?
8. Okay, so I’m more of a dog person, but maybe I need a cat?
9. Life goals: To be able to pull off one of her crop-top looks at least once in my lifetime.
10. There’s nothing like Taylor moving to New York and releasing an album that is not entirely about boys to realize it’s time to GET YOUR LIFE TOGETHER DANGIT. Your twenties are not for messing around, they are for getting your crap together. Well, and also eating breakfast at midnight and falling in love with strangers. Okay that’s confusing….and happy/free/lonely at the same time…just a miserable and magical life over here, guys.
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!