Staying in: 8 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day at Home.

1. Pamela @ alittleglitter.com

February 5th, 2015 at 1:47 pm

Great tips! I love the brunch and board game ideas! The hubs and I were thinking of doing something at home on Valentine's Day itself and then going to dinner the next weekend. Otherwise it's all overpriced pre-fix menus and rushing us out.

2. Samsam Cherie

February 5th, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Let's see…I'll start the day working, then go buy myself some shoes, then spend the night eating chocolate and drinking wine haha. Nothing wrong with a Valentine's Day flying solo 🙂
    ~ Samantha

3. Jessie @ Just Jessie

February 5th, 2015 at 2:32 pm

I love the game night tip – I don't have many games, so I'd love to go and buy a bunch with my man just to have. I'll be spending my Valentine's Day driving my "I don't know if he's my boyfriend yet" to the airport since he's going to Mexico for the week. 🙂 We'll probably do something the Friday before, though.

4. Heather C

February 5th, 2015 at 2:54 pm

I love game nights so that's something I always include when I'm dating someone to change things up a bit. I love all of these ideas!!

5. Robyn B

February 5th, 2015 at 2:54 pm

i love game nights! we bought a few board games at Walmart over the holidays when they were on sale & have loved playing these blast from the past games from our childhood! 🙂

6. brittany

February 5th, 2015 at 2:59 pm

i totally love a cozy valentine's night in!!

7. Kylie Toliver

February 5th, 2015 at 3:44 pm

I love these ideas!!! We are big movie fans in our house so we might have to take some of these ideas and really do them this year 🙂 I might actually try to get my fiance to go for the game night too! Sounds like fun!!!

8. Claire | Fashion + Feathers

February 5th, 2015 at 4:14 pm

These are such great ideas 🙂 Especially game night. I'm kinda of obsessed with game nights… even with just two people.

9. Amberly

February 5th, 2015 at 4:26 pm

I love these ideas! I want to have a brunch so badly, but my husband works on Saturdays 🙁 I love the first idea though!

10. Kylie Toliver

February 5th, 2015 at 4:31 pm

11. Keating Bartlett

February 5th, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Awesome tips! My husband works Valentine's Day this year and doesn't come home until around 9:30pm. I'll have to keep these in mind! 🙂

12. M @ The Sequin Notebook

February 5th, 2015 at 6:22 pm

I'm all about staying in on Valentine's Day! My husband and I did that last year, and cooked a fancy meal together and just enjoyed good conversation (and wine!) and we had such a great night. So good, in fact, that we're doing the same exact thing this year! Great ideas here – I love the game night idea!

13. Nancy @ Neatly-Packaged

February 5th, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Awesome tips!! Thank you for sharing 🙂 I think I am going to spend it at the office lol My new husband is a workaholic!

February 5th, 2015 at 7:44 pm

I'm all about the Valentine's day brunch!!!

15. Jess

February 5th, 2015 at 7:49 pm

These are some great ideas, Chelsea! I especially like the brunch idea and I think I will use that 🙂

16. sydni

February 5th, 2015 at 7:50 pm

i love these!

17. Because of Jackie

February 5th, 2015 at 9:52 pm

We will probably be home and do something fun with the kids, then snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie together after the kids are in bed…my fave kind of night;)

18. Brooke

February 5th, 2015 at 10:43 pm

I love having game nights!! It's something that we've always done. Once we pull out the board games and cards, I don't want to stop. Although I'm not the best at losing, so that might end up being not so romantic for us haha We're actually going to be travelling on Valentine's Day, so we'll have to see if we can track down a mimosa at the airport 🙂

19. Tracy

February 6th, 2015 at 1:02 am

Great ideas! I don't think we have any big plans for Valentine's Day but I've been thinking about making a nicer-than-usual meal together 🙂

20. Kati Rose

February 6th, 2015 at 7:13 pm

I love the idea of just being together and doing something at home for Valentine's Day. Everywhere you go out it's so packed and busy that it takes some of the fun away.

21. Rebecca Chapman

February 6th, 2015 at 11:30 pm

I've been meaning to get us a really good 2 person board game to plat together. All the ones we have are 4 person or more! What are you favorites?

22. Megan @ Semi-Charmed Kind of Life

February 7th, 2015 at 12:00 am

OMG I love brunch!! We are not big celebrants of Valentine's Day; our holiday tends to be of the generic dinner-and-a-movie type. 🙂

23. Ashley LaMar

February 8th, 2015 at 2:43 am

We usually do an indoor picnic and love movie marathon. When I say marathon I really mean two…his pick andmy pick. It's so much better than fighting the crazy crowds!

24. Tayler Morrell

February 8th, 2015 at 4:13 am

I love the idea of an indoor picnic!

25. Anonymous

February 9th, 2015 at 12:01 am

I am all about #2 and #6! And well all of them. I like how it all involves staying at home. I can't handle super crowded restaurants!

26. Karen M. Peterson

February 10th, 2015 at 11:34 pm

These are fun tips! I'm not really into Valentine's Day, and neither is my Chris, but it feels weird to just ignore it completely, you know?

27. Janette Garcia

February 11th, 2015 at 12:42 am

These are great ideas for people on a low budget (aka me) and that still want to celebrate the day!