Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Go half & half on the night. One of you plans dinner, one of you plans dessert and entertainment. That way you can still kind of treat each other, but you get to hang out all night, too.
2. Have an 80’s love movie marathon. Is there anything that will make you believe in cheesy, cliche love like 80’s movies? No, no there’s not. Which makes them the perfect choice for the cheesiest holiday. Bonus: Most of the good ones are on Netflix.
3. Cook dinner together. Sure, this is maybe the most cliche at-home date night, but for good reason! Pick out a recipe, shop for ingredients together, and then cook together. It’s so much fun, and it’s a great chance to try out fancier recipes or ones that call for more expensive ingredients. Chances are, you’ll still spend less than you would on dinner and drinks out.
4. Have a Valentine’s brunch. Valentine’s Day is on a Saturday this year, which means you can get started celebrating that morning! Heart shaped pancakes and pink mimosas? Yes, please. Anytime. But especially on Valentine’s Day. Get some inspiration here.
5. Game night. I never really thought of this as a super fun date night, but one night me and Christopher ended up at a Wal-Mart buying all of our favorite card games and board games. We stayed up way too late playing them, and it became one of my favorite nights together. Sometimes you just need to have fun with your significant other. So swing by the store, buy a board game, order takeout, and make some cocktails. Best. Night. Ever.
6. Have an indoor picnic. Look up tapas recipes and have a candlelit picnic indoors!
7. Have an “I’ve been dying to see this” movie marathon. Another bonus about V-day being on a weekend–way more time for your date than if it had to start post-work. Swing by Redbox and rent all the movies you’ve been wanting to see, and all the movies he’s been wanting to see. Then get your favorite movie snacks and take turns picking which movie to watch next.
8. Can’t decide between cocktails or dessert? Make both! Just type in champagne cupcakes to pinterest and prepare yourself. If there was ever a time to make champagne cupcakes, Valentine’s Day is it.
How will you be spending Valentine’s Day this year?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!