Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Make chocolate covered strawberries. Or chocolate covered anything, really.
2. Journal every day this month. Need some ideas to help you get started? I’ve got you covered.
3. Look up happy hours near you. After discovering how many places around here do happy hours, I have no idea why people ever pay full price for a meal. Our favorite sushi place does one where nothing is over $5. Um, yes please.
4. Evaluate on how you’re doing on those New Year’s resolutions and goals.
5. Plan what you’re going to do on Valentine’s Day. Will you be staying in? Going out? Being Martha Stewart? Ordering Pizza? Whatever it is, have fun with it.
6. Have a picnic. If you live in the north, have an inside picnic.
7. Peruse the Valentine’s Day section at Target.
8. Make a Valentine’s playlist.
9. Go try something out at Lush. I have just been introduced to the wonderful world of the charcoal face scrub. It’s worth every bit of the hype.
10. Send someone a love letter.
11. Make a Valentine’s Day craft. Hello, pinterest.
12. Go thrifting. Give yourself a budget, and then hit up some consignment shops and try to find an entire outfit for that amount of money.
13. Send Galentine’s Day cards/emails/texts.
14. Go to a Farmer’s market.
15. Make brunch at home. For real brunch, not cereal brunch. Waffles and muffins and mimosas and the whole nine yards.
16. Find a hot tea that you like.
17. Watch the Pilot of Parenthood. It’s on Netflix and you will have no choice but to cry along to all six seasons.
18. Spend an entire afternoon reading.
19. Write something that scares you. And then post it. I’ve been doing a lot of this (here, here, here, and here). If one of your resolutions this year was to be brave, this is definitely a good first (and second and third and fourth) step.
20. Find a quote that inspires you and print it out. Put it near your bed so you see it every morning
21. Do one thing you’ve never done before.
22. Use this website to find your next book. You type in books you like and it gives you a little map of your next reads..so cool.
23. Go for a walk by yourself.
24. Sneak your own snacks into the movie theater. You little rebel, you.
25. Buy yourself some discounted Valentine’s Day candy.
26. Have an at home date just as good as the one on Valentine’s Day. Because you don’t need a holiday to have the best date night ever.
27. Find a healthy snack that you actually enjoy. Little changes, people. Little by little.
28. Make a list of your favorite things that happened this month. Or a list of things you were thankful for this month. Any sort of happy list from February.
Ps: don’t forget to enter this giveaway!
How are you planning on spending February?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!