Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
Ready or not, 2015 is here! And no matter what your resolutions or goals or dreams for this year are, there’s a pretty good chance that wanting to be happy is involved.
1. Think about the moments in 2014 when you were the happiest. Then do more of those things. If going to the pool made you happy, spend more days by the pool. If you were happiest when you were planning your best friend’s wedding shower, then throw more parties. Sometimes being happy isn’t as hard as we make it out to be.
2. Read more books. It’s my opinion that if you don’t like to read, you simply haven’t found a book you like yet. One of my best friends hated reading until she tried The Fault in Our Stars, and now she’s a reading machine.
So if you like to read, do more of it this year. Branch out and read books you’ve never heard of. Re-read old favorites. Just read. If you don’t like to read, keep trying until you find a book that hooks you. This is your year to become a reader, I just know it.
3. Have clear priorities about your year. Nothing sucks the happiness out of the year like setting yourself up for failure. If you want to spend this year relaxing and having fun, great! Go for it. But don’t have the idea that this is going to be the year that you chase your dreams and make big changes, and then spend the year just relaxing and having fun. Because then at some point in July, you’ll wake up super frustrated at your lack of progress and convince yourself you have to wait until January to change anything.
Don’t get crazy, but make a few priorities for your year, and review them every now and then.
4. Get rid of stuff you don’t like. If you don’t use it or love it, get rid of it. Don’t surround yourself with stuff that’s not going to make you happy.
5. Take care of yourself. There’s a reason that health resolutions always land on our New Year’s list. I think there are two really simple ways to take care of yourself: Be more active than you were last year, and drink more water. I swear, drinking more water fixes all kinds of problems. Magic, I tell you.
Don’t forget to enter the New Year giveaway!
How are you working on being happier in 2015?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!