Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
Sometimes, Christmas sneaks up on you. And that can either leave you feeling panicky over all you have to do, or leave you super bummed and feeling like you missed out on the holidays. Maybe you had plans to make homemade Christmas decorations, or throw a super sequined Christmas party, or something else to ensure this was the greatest Christmas ever.
We’ve got a week until Christmas–it’s not too late! Here are ten things you can do to fit all the cheer of the season into one week, making sure you get your fill of celebrating.
1. Christmas movies. Nothing gets me feeling festive quite like Christmas movies. If you feel like you haven’t gotten your fill of the season, watching movies that are full of celebrating the season can fix that. If you need some suggestions, click here.
2. Christmas music. Make yourself a Christmas playlist and blare it non-stop for the next seven days.
3. Make your to-do list festive. You have to buy and wrap a billion presents in the next seven days? You have to clean your house for company? So what. Make it festive. Do it while listening to Christmas music and sipping on a peppermint mocha.
4. Do a Christmas Story devotional. Take some time in the mornings to remind yourself of what Christmas is all about.
5. Make Christmas cookies. Take one night (or afternoon!) this week and make some Christmas cookies. Put on a Christmas movie or Christmas music in the background, and there’s nothing more festive!
6. Buy A Christmas tree candle. This year is my first year doing this–I’ve always had a fake tree, but now I have a fake tree and my house smells like I have a real tree. It’s hard to not feel all warm and fuzzy inside when your house smells like a Christmas tree.
7. Go look at lights. So you didn’t quite make it around to decorating this year–that doesn’t mean you can’t go look at other people’s decorations! Print off this list and go enjoy the lights! Even if you do this on your way home from running errands, it’s sure to put you in a Christmas-y mood.
8. Have your own Christmas party. Miss out on Christmas parties this year? Have your own! Get dressed up and meet your friend for a drink somewhere festive, order dinner in for your family and watch Elf, or just take yourself on a coffee date. It doesn’t have to be expensive and well-planned to qualify as a Christmas party.
9. Celebrate Christmas Eve. I will never understand people who don’t celebrate Christmas Eve–it’s two holidays for the price of one! I grew up always celebrating Christmas Eve, and I love it just as much, if not more, than Christmas itself. So if you don’t normally do anything out of the ordinary on Christmas Eve, change that this year. Celebrate!
10. Do the one thing that you do every Christmas. What’s the one thing you always do at Christmastime? Bake a certain kind of dessert? Decorate a tiny tree? Buy a new ornament for your tree?
No matter what it is, do that one thing. Of course you’re busy–it is the week before Christmas, after all. But you do have the time to do what’s special to you. It may mean staying up a little later or waking up a little earlier, but it’s worth it. Do something that makes Christmas feel like Christmas for you.
What are you doing to celebrate this week?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!