The Art of Thankfulness (And Why it’s Important).

1. Liz Carroll

November 25th, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I know how those things go. It can really stink sometimes. You feel like you're running in place and it's one step forward, two steps back! The key is to remember to simplify and reorganize. Making a thankful list is a great way to start. I also like to make a plan to move forward, whether it be working towards a (new) car, or saving for a certain goal, and then I start doing whatever I can to get to that point.

I hope things get better for you, and the luck doesn't seem so bad from here on out.

2. Katie @ A Beautiful Little Adventure.com

November 25th, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I've been in the same type of place lately. Everything feel so heavy. That's why thanksfulness can really help lighten the load, if you believe. You can't stop believing.

3. Natalie Zambreski

November 25th, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Ugh. Yeah girl.

4. Morgan Sparks

November 25th, 2014 at 3:45 pm

This is such a wonderful reminder! Thanks for sharing!

5. Abigail Driscoll

November 25th, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Chelsea. I feel you… Sometimes it is so hard to keep perspective when there are sooo many "small" things. And I don't even think it's a bad thing to cry/grieve/get frustrated. Your emotions are real and honesty is good and necessary and healthy! But you are so wise in not staying there. I agree with you strongly – thankfulness is one of the best weapons we have to use against sadness, anger, anxiety, etc. It has a lot of power. You are an awesome gal and I hope the bad luck relents for a while. Happy Thanksgiving, dear!

6. Amy - A Desert Girl

November 25th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Things just seem like such a big deal in the moment…especially when there have been a lot of other moments. Crying is a good release though. And making a thankful list is too. If we don't experience times when stuff is so overwhelming, I don't think we can fully appreciate the times when we're just full of a grateful heart.

I hope your car keeps working and all the other issues resolve themselves.

7. Liv Love

November 25th, 2014 at 4:44 pm

I felt the EXACT same way this weekend! I have had to refocus my thoughts and see pass my fustrations! but it was tough and not without tears! I'm glad you feel better!

8. Nadine Lynn

November 25th, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I think we all have those days where we were dealt some not so fun things, and one incident that wouldn't normally be a big deal…can push us over the line. The last thread. It is a great reminder to be thankful for all the things that are going right thought! Hope your week gets better!

9. Pamela @ alittleglitter.com

November 25th, 2014 at 6:12 pm

I love this so much! I can totally relate! I go through this myself, where small problems seem to add up and seem insurmountable but then when you break them down and look at them individually they are not a big deal. I'm glad you were able to change your perspective and feel better!

10. Girl Brooks

November 25th, 2014 at 6:41 pm

I can't even begin to tell you how much I freaking needed and loved this. Nothing did changes, but changing what you focused on changed everything. Hope your small, smaller, big and bigger troubles get better!

11. Lindsay Latimer

November 25th, 2014 at 6:52 pm

I get it! Thankful for your positive attitude!

12. Karen M. Peterson

November 25th, 2014 at 7:08 pm

I love this. Gratitude is so important and can really help our perspective.

13. Delia

November 25th, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Wise words! I hope things start to look up for you. Gratitude is definitely not a passive activity. It takes work and pays off! Hugs to you and Happy Thanksgiving!

14. Esther Ju*Lee

November 25th, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Sorry you're having such a bad past two months, but i'm so glad you were able to push yourself to practice gratitude when you least felt like it. I know for me it's when I least feel like it that I need it the most.

15. Annie

November 26th, 2014 at 1:14 am

This makes me think of Job; "shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" I tend to be a pessimist myself, but when I run into situations like this I try to remember how God's grace has manifested itself in my life that day. It always eases my soul into rest.

16. Tayler Morrell

November 26th, 2014 at 3:22 am

Positive things in life always overpower negative things. It's always a good idea to count your many blessings.

17. Gemma Sands

November 26th, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I so needed to read this! I have been stomping around in self-pity this morning after a string of things going wrong but your words have reminded me how much I have to be grateful for… I'm thankful for this post šŸ™‚

November 27th, 2014 at 5:42 am

I agree! I've always thought that there's something to be grateful for, even when things aren't going well and are frustrating. If you look for the good things, I think it helps you handle the bad things better. Like you said, it puts things into perspective and seeing positives is always helpful in life. I had a "putting things in perspective" moment earlier this week too.