Check it Out!
What I'm Learning
Hi, I'm Chelsea! I’m on a mission to help you find joy and goodness in every day.
On this blog we talk about the big things (like chasing dreams) and the small things (like what books we're reading) because happiness comes in all sizes.
1. Listen to the Autumn in New York Pandora station.
2. Make hot apple cider and drink it under a blanket outside.
3. Read a thriller. (I suggest Gone Girl–I just read this and it shocked me so much that I dropped my phone in my coffee cup.)
4. Bake something that’s been on your Pinterest forever.
5. Take a picture every single day of something that makes you happy, so you’ll always be able to remember October 2014.
6. Make a list of ten things you’re thankful for.
7. Make caramel apples.
8. Buy someone sunflowers.
9. Look up fall fairs or festivals in your town and make plans to go!
10. Take a day off completely off. No to-do lists or work. Just a real day off.
11. Start writing down Christmas gift ideas.
12. Watch a movie set in the fall–like Remember the Titans.
13. Throw a “make your own Halloween candy” party.
14. Write down all the reasons you love October.
15. Go for a walk with a pumpkin coffee.
16. Buy a hat, or some headbands. Fall is the season of not having to do your hair.
17. Go look at all of the terrible and hilarious Halloween costumes at Target. Bonus points: The dog costume section.
18. Go to Bath & Body Works and pick out something pumpkin or apple scented.
19. Eat dinner outside.
20. Go on at least one spontaneous adventure.
21. Say yes to something when your first instinct is to say no.
22. Write someone a thank you note.
23. Push yourself outside of your comfort zone at least once.
24. Read a book you normally wouldn’t pick up. I can help recommend a few!
25. Surprise someone with cookies.
26. Stay up too late talking about your dreams with someone you love.
27. Rock some red lipstick.
28. Set a goal for yourself. It’s a brand new month, you have thirty-one fresh, new days to achieve it.
29. Listen to this song and turn it up as loud as it will go. “I hope that you spend your days, but they all add up. And when the sun goes down, I hope you raise your cup.”
30. Carve pumpkins.
31. Celebrate Halloween however you want to. Dress up and go out or stay at home and handout candy or have a movie marathon or go to dinner. Just celebrate.
How are you planning on spending your October?
Sign up with your email for a weekly pep talk, just for you. Delivered to your inbox Sunday night to combat the Sunday scaries!