Feel Free to Change the World.

1. Felecia Efriann

September 29th, 2014 at 6:13 pm

It is nice to be reminded we have the choice to change the world, and it doesn't have to be this grand gesture or something many will talk about for years to come. There are so many ways to change the world and there are a lot of small unnoticeable ways that happen in our day to day that can change the world around. It is good to know and be reminded that I am able to change the world. It is for sure something I don't think of as often as I use too. I truly want to make today count for more than today, and it is possible I am free to do it. šŸ™‚

2. Karen M. Peterson

September 29th, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I think you're so right. Too often we sit and wait for those opportunities to just walk up and introduce themselves, but it doesn't work that way. We have to seek them out and choose them.

3. Whitney

September 29th, 2014 at 9:23 pm

Amen girl! Love this!

4. Emmy Hornburg

September 29th, 2014 at 9:31 pm

This reminds me a lot of how I feel about my tattoo. On my right forearm I have a tattoo that says "To love another person is the see the face of God." (It's from the music Les Miserables.) I love it sooo much, but a lot of times I feel guilty when I look at it because I know that's not how I always live my life. I don't act very loving a lot of times, but I love how it's a reminder to me of how I should be loving to others.

5. Kate @ Another Clean Slate

September 30th, 2014 at 12:40 am

So right! Every little bit makes a difference.

6. Jenna Griffin

September 30th, 2014 at 12:50 am

Absolutely love this! So inspirational. I totally needed to hear this today!

7. Natalie Zambreski

September 30th, 2014 at 2:01 am

This is so fitting for a Monday! Loved it.

September 30th, 2014 at 2:37 am

I love this! What a great thing to think about on a Monday! I think this is partly what caused me to quit my last job and take the job that I have now, even though it doesn't look like the "smartest" move. Today a kid came up to my office for help with his reading assignment and it was a lo of fun to take a few minutes out of my day and help this energetic little boy read a few pages of his book.

9. Megan Elizabeth

September 30th, 2014 at 2:39 am

love this. and you. lunch asap

10. Anonymous

September 30th, 2014 at 9:53 am

I love this!

11. nelle marie monaco

September 30th, 2014 at 2:02 pm

Powerful- I just love your blog šŸ™‚ Hope your week is going well!

September 30th, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Small steps to this every day – people are often halted by thinking it has to involve a lot of time, money, or planning. It doesn't.

13. brittany

September 30th, 2014 at 3:09 pm

no way should you feel guilty wearing that shirt!!! you can change the world and not even know you're doing it! what if one person's life is touched by the positivity you emit! by the lovely way you write! and what if that person helps another person! it can be the smallest ways, but i think changing the world starts pretty small. wear your shirt girl! šŸ™‚

September 30th, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Your kitchen analogy is actually so perfect. I love visiting your blog for a dose of happy inspiration/motivation.

15. Susannah

September 30th, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I think little things can change the world as much as big things. Raising our kids to be good citizens, cleaning up a park, and so many other things change the world even if we don't see the results. šŸ™‚

16. Nadia @ The View is Beautiful

September 30th, 2014 at 6:44 pm

This is too true. Big journeys always start with small steps!

17. Abigail Driscoll

September 30th, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Yea! I get discouraged ALL THE TIME when I have these thoughts like "I am one person, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm unoriginal, blah blah blah…" But then I think… It REALLY IS all the small moments and decisions that change the world. We choose what kind of culture we want to create and partake in and what kind of culture we don't. Those cultures and movements always start small and people most of the time grow and change slowly. But eventually, they CAN and DO change the world!! Get it girl.

18. AmyNicole

September 30th, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I love that, and I feel so inspired now! šŸ™‚

19. Stylin' In St. Louis

September 30th, 2014 at 10:58 pm

So true. No matter how small it may be!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

20. Anita

October 1st, 2014 at 1:26 am

lovely blog šŸ™‚

21. Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre

October 1st, 2014 at 1:41 am

Thanks so much for this kick in the butt reminder girl! Sometimes it does feel overwhelming to think about the bigger picture but we can have an impact!

22. The Lady Okie

October 1st, 2014 at 3:24 am

I think we forget that we make an impact just by being kind to others and helping out when we can. It doesn't always have to look huge, you know? Good reminder.

23. Eatlovemerry

October 1st, 2014 at 6:36 am

Love this, thanks for sharing! x

Orange on orange

24. Ember Grey.

October 1st, 2014 at 2:21 pm

YES!!! I loved that analogy you used about standing in a friend's kitchen. I'm so glad you shared this… sometimes you just need a pep talk midweek! šŸ™‚ XO

25. Morgan Sparks

October 1st, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Amen! Love this! Definitely something we all need to remember and take to heart.

26. Esther Ju*Lee

October 1st, 2014 at 4:37 pm

what a lovely reminder. i think i forget even how a small gesture like smiling at someone can turn around someone's day. and i love the mother teresa saying 'let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.'