How-To: Turn a Bad Day into a Good Day in 30 minutes or Less.

June 19th, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I walk my dogs, paint my nails, treat myself to a coffee, and lose myself in a book.

2. Tayler Morrell

June 19th, 2014 at 3:51 pm

I love this. It's so true. It's really all just a state of mind.
    What I do (which I haven't for 9 months cuz I'm pregnant…) is run. Running allows you to escape by changing your setting, but it also wears you out so you don't have any more energy for crying or being pitiful, and it also releases endorphins which make you happy and relaxed!

3. brooke lyn

June 19th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

so when i did track in college i did multiple events each meet and when one would go bad my coach only let me have 5 mins to be upset about it and then i had to move on. It is probably some of the best advice that i still try and use outside the track!

4. Signe

June 19th, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I LOVE THIS!! I especially love the first one. Thanks for writing this. πŸ™‚
    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

5. Emily Woodard

June 19th, 2014 at 4:42 pm

This is exactly what I do to get over a bad day. I feel like step 1 is almost essential; without it, I think I'd still be miserable! I also love just getting out of the house. My favorite thing to do is visit a coffee shop, order a drink, and just sit there or read a book.

6. Lauren @ Lot Forty Eight

June 19th, 2014 at 7:17 pm

This is brilliant!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

7. Nancy @ Neatly-Packaged

June 19th, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Very awesome πŸ™‚ I like to sit and read when I am having a bad day. Just live in another world πŸ™‚

8. Kendra Loisel

June 19th, 2014 at 8:16 pm

YES! I love this! I am always looking at the positives and trying to turn things around. I have found what works for me. Certain music and scriptures always work for me, but I have to let myself be upset first, I can't completely ignore it. Just a short time and then move on.

9. Allyssa Idell

June 19th, 2014 at 9:24 pm

I love that you talked about lost in this post. I LOVE that show! I totally forgot that he had done that. I'm going to have to start watching that show again. When I'm having a bad day, I just say some prayers and pray that the Lord would calm my heart and help me to put things into perspective, because often times my "bad day" shouldnt' really be a bad day at all.

10. Rebecca Chapman

June 19th, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Listening to music usually helps me. And you're right…Lost is the greatest show ever created. My husband and I argue about this regularly. I think now this proves I'm right.

11. Kym Fox @ Travel Babbles

June 20th, 2014 at 12:53 am

I love this post πŸ™‚ A long drive (essentially, I guess your change of scenery tip!) that allows me to clear my thoughts turns my days around. Even if it's just a quick 15 minute drive into town to grab a coffee and back, I always come home feeling much better πŸ™‚

June 20th, 2014 at 2:25 am

I always give myself a little bit of time to wallow, too, and then I find my dog and she makes me feel better.

13. Kim Matheson

June 20th, 2014 at 4:52 am

This is awesome. I love all of these things. Nicely done, lady!

I've starting writing it out. Pen and paper style, y0. It's nice to put it on paper and then be able to literally walk away from it.

14. Rose Frey

June 20th, 2014 at 10:10 am

I loved your reference to LOST! These are some great tips! Each day is far too precious to be wasted. I've had a few too many bad days lately, so I'm definitely learning to find the beauty in each day. Just found your blog and requested to follow you in Instagram😊

15. Monica Martinez

July 7th, 2014 at 6:20 am

I just found your blog and I'm totally following it because it is so inspirational and positive!