How To: Make the most of Your Writing Process.

1. Kerri Taylor

June 25th, 2014 at 1:58 pm

oh i hear you on not being able to write w/ music. so distracting! total silence for me. also setting the mood when the feeling/inspiration is there is key. some days just won't happen and that's a-ok. xo

cheshirekatblog.com

2. Kim Matheson

June 25th, 2014 at 2:14 pm

I'm all about lyricless tunes for writing. (I love to write to Apocalyptica. Metallica by cello, there is no bad there.) And a bevvie, yes! Usually tea or coffee, but I have been known to rock out a scene with wine, gin or non-adult iced tea.

I love this list. Nicely done. πŸ™‚

3. Krysten Quiles

June 25th, 2014 at 2:19 pm

I like to go somewhere else (aside from home) because I get too distracted when I'm at home.

4. Alexandria Nolandia

June 25th, 2014 at 3:11 pm

I set goals. I literally put it on my to-do list. "Finish chapter" "type up yesterday's writing". I find that by writing everything with pen and ink first, and then typing it up later… that I get the first revisions sort of "done", and then it enables me to write my book anywhere. So I am not distracted by housework or animals or anything.. I can go somewhere quiet and write and then worry about typing it later.

5. Christen E. Krumm

June 25th, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Ahhh! I'm loving the coffitivity app!! πŸ™‚

xo,
    Christen
    ChristenKrumm.com

6. Cece

June 25th, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I used not be able to write at home at all. I had to go somewhere/anywhere but towards the end of finishing my novel I was able to do it at home and get a lot of work done. It's so up and down!! Like you sometimes it flows and other times I can't think of a single word. I have found that reading definitely inspires me too. Good tips!

7. Because of Jackie

June 25th, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I find that writing my ideas down as they come into a little notebook helps, as does making the time to write every day. However, I need that non distraction thing…social media just gets in the way all the time!

8. Tracie Everyday

June 25th, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I love to write with crappy tv on in the background, something I don't really focus on but keeps my brain abuzz πŸ™‚

9. Kimmi

June 25th, 2014 at 9:05 pm

My writing comes in waves as well!! Good tips for inspiration! I must now go to the noisy Typer because I learned to type on one and I actually miss it!!!

10. Jennifer @ Earl Grey Blog

June 25th, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Love these tips! I get writer's block all the time even just writing blog posts. Having a nice atmosphere (especially with a hot drink) really helps. πŸ™‚

11. Holly Gilbert

June 25th, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Having a fun drink always helps me! I love sitting down with a nice cup of coffee or tea to write πŸ™‚ I absolutely LOVE that you told me about Coffitivity and Noisy Typer! I love having a little noise going on, but I can find having certain things like a tv show on low or music distracting at times. I am totally trying both of those out! Once I clicked on Coffitivity, I started smiling πŸ˜‰ So much fun! Thanks for the tips!

<3 Holly

findingmyeverydayhappy.blogspot.com

12. Jackie @ Our Nashville Life

June 26th, 2014 at 12:45 am

I love the idea of noisy typewriter. That sounds amazing. For me, I just need to be shut out when I'm really writing. I can't stand any distractions.

13. jackie jade

June 26th, 2014 at 1:31 am

love your tips! and i've been getting lavendar scented everything lately and i love it so much!

June 26th, 2014 at 1:51 am

Oh my gosh thank you for sharing these wonderful tips! I love the coffee shop app/the typewriter app! I need coffee to feel inspired which seems like a bad addiction but a lot of writers needed a lot stronger forms of poison so I think I'm doing okay.

15. Meghan

June 26th, 2014 at 3:03 am

Love this! & I'm one of those weird people that has to have music playing and five million tabs open to concentrate.

16. Kristen

June 26th, 2014 at 1:05 pm

great tips! i'm not a writer or anything, but i love that there is a coffee shop app thingy.

17. Anonymous

June 26th, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I'm with you on setting your writing scene, candles and white noise always make for great writing.

18. A Pinch Of Jasmine

June 26th, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I'm the same with getting distracted by music when I write. I need silence. I like to go to the park sometimes to write. πŸ™‚ I like the setting the mood with scents tip!

19. Amy Lee Scott

June 26th, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Love this, Chels! I always need to have music playing (and a little snack) when I write πŸ™‚

20. Ember Grey.

June 27th, 2014 at 1:52 am

This is so, so helpful to me. You mentioned a few new ones that I want to try! As for music, I usually listen to it before I write but then have to turn it off when I start writing (it does inspire though!) I'm so excited to check out Noisy Typer!

21. Ember Grey.

June 27th, 2014 at 2:02 am

Just checked out Ommwriter – Oh my gosh!!! I'm inspired just watching the intro video!!

June 27th, 2014 at 3:36 am

Great tips! A hot beverage always helps me too.

23. Chelsea Olivia

June 27th, 2014 at 5:23 am

When I need to sit down and write a blog post, I light my peppermint candle. The scent is just so strong and invigorating that my mind gets straight to work!

24. Irene

January 14th, 2015 at 7:55 am

Great tips! I also like vanilla candles and they actually help me to stay put and write on. As for music, it depends on what I am writing. If it's blog post or sth for school (days long gone) I like to have some music on. But if it's sth longer or more personal I rather do it in silence to focus better.